IAO Presentation site - Scidivs Struct
headed by Prof. Valerii V Kolosov
- Development of methods for the research into the propagation of optical radiation of arbitrary coherence in regular and randomly inhomogeneous media for problems of remote diagnostics of atmospheric formations and objects.
- Development of passive methods of remote diagnostics of atmospheric admixtures, including the correlation spectroscopy method and methods of diagnostics of radioactivity from its secondary manifestations.
- Numerical simulation of the propagation of incoherent and partially coherent radiation in the atmosphere based on ray methods for problems of optimization of the propagation of high-power beams along atmospheric paths and the formation of an incoherent image through a turbulent medium.
- Investigation of the behavior of coherent and partially coherent vortical fields in a random medium, transformation of the orbital angular momentum of a laser beam at its interaction with matter, use of vortical fields for the diagnostics of media and for the action on media.
- Investigations of physico-chemical processes occurring in the atmosphere under the exposure to radioactive irradiation have shown that the radiation at frequencies of 1420 and 1667 MHz can serve a marker for the detection of regions with the anomalous level of the radioactive background. A method for the remote diagnostics of the radiative pollution of the atmosphere and the surface has been developed.
- The efficiency of adaptive focusing of laser beams through a turbulent medium against an incoherent reference source has been studied. It is shown that due to the adaptive focusing the radiation can be focused onto a rough surface in a spot smaller than the diffraction one.
- Efficient algorithms have been developed to simulate numerically the formation of an incoherent image of objects through the turbulent atmosphere. Possibilities of improving the image of a sensed object with the adaptive phase correction against the reference incoherent radiation have been studied. The degree and the area of the improved adaptive image have been analyzed as functions of the wavelength ratio of the reference radiation and the radiation forming the image.
It has been found that the vector field of the mean energy direction in the partially coherent vortical laser beam demonstrates the presence of both the potential and vortical states and is an analog of the vector velocity field of a viscous liquid. It has been show, in particular, that the LD10 mode of the Laguerre–Gauss laser beam forms the vector field of directions of motion of the radiation energy, whose vortical component satisfies the hydrodynamic model referred to as the Scully vortex.
Mean energy flow lines of a partially coherent light beam illustrate the decay of an optical vortex
- Valerii P Aksenov, leader staff scientist, Prof., phone: +7 3822 491-111 + 12-22, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sergei F Balandin, senior staff scientist, Dr., E-mail: email@example.com
- Vadim V Dudorov, senior staff scientist, Dr., phone: +7 3822 491-597, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna S. Eremina, junior staff scientist, Dr.
- Grigorii A Filimonov, staff scientist, Dr., phone: +7 3822 491-597, E-mail: email@example.com
- Valerii A Khan, leader staff scientist
- Gennadii A Kolotkov, staff scientist, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aleftina I Maricheva, technician
- Sergei T Penin, senior staff scientist, Dr., phone: +7 3822 491-546, E-mail: email@example.com
- Cheslav E Pogutsa, staff scientist, PhD, phone: +7 3822 491-111 + 12-22, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sergei A Shishigin, senior staff scientist, Dr., E-mail: email@example.com